The contract is signed, so I can officially share the news: Henery Press has acquired the Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery Series!
From my experience with the Jaya Jones novella "Fool's Gold" in the Other People's Baggage collection, I knew the Henery Press publishing team was fantastic. I'm excited to be working with them on the rest of the series.
If you follow my blog, you know about my publishing journey (you can read some of the story here and here). My life has been full of so many twists and turns the last couple of years, and in spite of the bumps it's been a wonderful ride. I've learned so much about the publishing industry and about myself:
- The mystery writing community is amazing.
- I'm good at sticking to a disciplined writing schedule.
- Cancer can't stop me from completing NaNoWriMo.
- I love writing mysteries of all kinds.
- Writers have so many publishing options available to them.
- There's an overwhelming amount of publishing information out there.
- If you present yourself professionally, you'll be treated as such.
- I don't enjoy the back-end details of publishing.
- A scary health diagnosis helps set priorities, and enjoying life comes out on top.
- My characters have many more stories to tell.
Those bullet points add up to being thrilled to receive this offer from Henery Press. I'll have more details to share in the coming weeks, but for now I wanted to share the exciting news with you!
|My office: Dorian the gargoyle (and friends) and my Henery Press mug.|
|Book deal celebratory shoes: new Fluevogs!|
p.s. You'll notice that links to buy Artifact and pre-order Pirate Vishnu have been taken down from my blogs and website. Artifact is being re-released by Henery Press on August 6, and Pirate Vishnu will be out in early 2014.